With over 40 years experience in vehicle supply, car leasing, contract hire and finance, UK Carline Limited have the knowledge and expertise to get the very best car or van leasing plan. As part of our commitment to protect the environment we have taken positive action on the carbon emissions that the cars we lease create. Every car that we lease will have its carbon emissions individually calculated and then offset through a carbon offset project in Africa, run by carbon management company co2balance, making the cars "CarbonZero" or "Carbon Neutral"
The directors of UK Carline Limited recognise that virtually all the activities in the transport industry have some impact on the environment. We believe that our performance as a well recognised vehicle provider will be measured not only by our profitability as a business but also by our impact on the shared environment. We will strive to continually improve environmental performance and prevent pollution of land, air and water. As a business dependant on natural resources we are acutely aware of the need to use those resources efficiently and with the minimum impact on the environment.
In support of our principles we will:
- Comply with and where feasible exceed the minimum requirements of all applicable environmental legislation.
- Monitor our progress and review our environmental performance on a regular basis. Implement systems and procedures to ensure continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
- Educate our employees about environmental issues and the environmental impacts of their activities.
- Carbon offset the carbon emissions associated with the fuel used during the lease hire agreement of each vehicle on behalf of our clients we will.
To further reduce the negative impact our activities have on the environment we aim to:
- Manage our energy use and explore opportunities for reducing consumption.
- Minimise the volume of waste sent to landfill by optimising of utilisation of raw materials, re-using materials when possible and segregating waste for recycling purposes.
- Manage our fleet movement to reduce fuel consumption.
- Once minimised, carbon offset the remaining carbon emissions associated with our own operational activities including energy use, fuel use, water use and waste disposal.
To reduce the negative impact the industry has on the environment we will endeavour to:
- Encourage our clients to select fuel efficient vehicles
- Provide our clients with fuel efficiency driving guidelines
- Keep up to date with new vehicle technologies with reduced emissions options
In addition to our environmental commitments we realise that we have a responsibility to the local community in which we operate and society as a whole. In an effort to positively contribute to society we will:
- Financially contribute to the welfare of communities in the developing world through our carbon offsetting scheme.
- Support local sports teams and sporting events.
- Be a considerate neighbour
The above policy is endorsed by UK Carline who are responsible for its implementation and will ensure it is reviewed and updated when necessary. The policy will be displayed within the organisation and will be communicated to all employees. Copies are also available for the public, customers, suppliers and any other interested parties through our website or on request.