Driving in Europe? Make sure you’re prepared

JonathanNovember 20, 2013

If you haven’t driven in Europe before you might not be aware of the many motoring regulation changes – they change from country to country and if you aren’t aware of them you can find yourself in a position that you don’t want to be in. To avoid prosecutions and fines you need to ensure that you’re prepared for your overseas travels and know what’s required of you – especially as your employer could also be in trouble if you’re using a business lease.

You will need the following documents if you’re driving in Europe: Your passport; a motor insurance certificate; a valid full driving license; an International Driving Permit, if required; and your vehicle registration document. And you’re driving a company van a letter of authorisation from the registered keeper and an original vehicle registration document (v5c) or Vehicle on Hire certificate (VE103b) will also be required.

It’s essential to make sure that your vehicle is road worthy. You’ll also want to ensure you have insurance and breakdown cover and a GB sticker on your vehicle.

If you’re confused by any of this feel free to contact UKCarline and we’ll be happy to help.

For more on driving in Europe visit www.gov.uk/driving-abroad to view country-specific information.

« « Jaguar F-Type Coupe spotted | Mercedes debuts new SUV » »
Partners Banner 1
Feefo logo