Driving can be very expensive, especially with the price of fuel as high as it is. It’s possible to save lots of money on your monthly fuel outgoings by driving that little bit smarter. Below are some of what we think are the most effective tips for making your fuel last that little bit longer.
1. Know the roads. Having a good understanding of which roads are most direct and least busy in peak traffic is both a time-saver and a fuel and money saver.
2. Maintain your tyres. Tyres that are under-inflated will cost you a lot in fuel. Properly inflated tyres allow you to drive further while using less fuel.
3. If you’re stuck in a traffic jam, turn off your engine.
4. Keep windows closed. If you’re driving fast and have your windows or sunroof open the air turbulence will result in wasted fuel.
5. Don’t drive too fast. The faster you drive the more petrol you’re going to use. By slowing down, even marginally, you can make handsome savings on fuel.
For more tips, industry news and opinions follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
« « Many fantastic BMWs on offer | Tips for driving in the snow » »