Information regarding your personal date we hold
- You agree that we may use and update this centrally held information
i. provide you with services.
ii. To update our records about you.
- We may also use your information for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services.
- At your request and upon payment of a fee, currently £10, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information that you are entitled to receive that we hold about you.
- The information we hold about you is confidential. We will only disclose it outside UK Carline Limited when:
i. You have given us your consent
ii. In order to obtain professional advice
iii. We or others need to investigate or prevent crime (e.g. to fraud prevention agencies)
iv. The law permits or requires it
v. Any regulatory or governmental body requests or requires it, even without your consent
vi. There is a duty to the public to reveal the information.
- The information collected by cookies enables us to understand the use of our site, including the number of visitors we have, the pages viewed per session, time exposed to particular pages etc. This in turn helps us to provide you with a better experience, since we can evaluate the level of interest in the content of our website and tailor it accordingly.
- We will not attempt to personally identify you from your IP address unless required to as a matter of law or regulation, or in order to protect our or our other customers’ rights. Most browsers automatically accept cookies.
- We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service.
- We will monitor network traffic from time to time for the purposes of backup and problem solving and in order to ensure that you are not misusing any of the services provided to you.
Protecting your privacy
- To the extent that sensitive personal data is processed about you, we will employ appropriate security measures given the nature of that data. However, you recognise that your use of the Internet and our website is entirely at your own risk.
- We have tried to create a secure and reliable website for our users. However, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
- We may need to provide some of your personal information to third parties that we use for the purposes of delivering specific services to you (e.g. customer support, or a transport company if you have asked us to deliver a vehicle to you).
- Our website may provide links and banner advertisements to third party sites. Please note that we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties. Since we do not control those websites, you are responsible for reviewing and abiding by the privacy policies of these third party sites.
If you feel your privacy has been breached by us, then please write to:
UK Carline Limited
If you enter into a credit or hire agreement:
Credit reference agencies
- In considering your application we will search your record at credit reference agencies. They will add to your record details of our search and your application and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches.
- Searches will also be made in respect of directors and partners of firms applying for credit. Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to other people with whom you have a financial association. In connection with your application you may be treated as financially linked with them and assessed with reference to any such associated records.
- If you are a joint applicant or if you have told us of some other financial association with another person, or a director of a firm which is applying for a facility you are declaring that you are entitled to:
i. Disclose information about your joint applicant, fellow directors and anyone else referred to by you.
ii. Authorise us to search, link or record information at credit reference agencies about you and anyone else referred to by you.
- We will use a credit scoring system when assessing your application.
- We will also add to your record with the credit reference agencies details of your agreement with us, the payments you make under it and any default or failure to keep to its terms and any change of address you fail to tell us about where a repayment is overdue.
- These records will be shared with other organisations and used by us and them to help make decisions about credit and credit related services such as insurance for you and members of your household; trace debtors, recover debt and to manage your accounts.
- For these purposes we or they may make further searches. Although the searches will be added to your record, they will not be shared with others.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and fraud is identified, details will be passed to the fraud prevention agencies.
- We and other organisations may also share, access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
i. Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities.
ii. Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities.
iii. Recovering debt.
iv. Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance.
v. Checking details of job applicants and employees.
- In addition, law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- For these purposes we or they may make further searches. Although these searches will be added to your record, they will not be shared with others.
- We and the credit reference agencies will also use the records for statistical analysis about credit.
Please telephone us on 01995 641111 if you want to have details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and to whom we pass information about you. You have a legal right to these details.
Sharing your information with others
- We will keep information about you and about your agreement on our database. We may pass information about you and your agreement to anyone we have appointed to help administer your agreement, to your credit insurer for administration, claims handling and fraud prevention (which could include passing it to other insurers), to insurance companies or to recover amounts owing or to anyone to whom we transfer the agreement.
- You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. A fee will be payable.
Using your information for marketing purposes
- We may use your information in order to select and tell you about products and services available from us which may be of interest to you. We may also use your information to tell you about products and services which we can introduce from selected businesses. We may pass your information to agencies conducting market research for us and to selected insurers who may use it for marketing purposes.
- To help make our emails more interesting and relevant, we often receive a confirmation when you open an email from UK Carline Limited if your computer supports such capabilities.
- You have a right at any time to ask us not to contact you or give your details to others for these purposes or not to telephone you for sales purposes. You may email email@example.com if you wish us to stop.
Please note that this policy will be reviewed, and may change, from time to time. The revised policy will be posted to this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it.
UK Carline Limited is registered in England and Wales. Registered Number - 4059602. VAT Number -727183036 . Registered Office and Trading Address: Sunnybank House, Bilsborrow Lane, Bilsborrow, Preston. Lancashire. PR3 0RN