Your data is stored and used by UK Carline Ltd (the ‘Data Controller’). You can contact us on 01995 6411111 between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at UK Carline Limited, Sunnybank House, Bilsborrow Lane, Bilsborrow, Preston, PR3 0RN. Our website is www.ukcarline.co.uk.
UK Carline Ltd is a business dedicated to providing consumers with excellent products and services. We use your data to action applications and orders you have placed with us, to contact you regarding your orders, and, should you agree that we may do so, to keep you informed of any future products or services we believe you may be interested in.
We ask for certain information from you to process your enquiry, application and order. To process your application, we may need to share your information with 3rd parties and credit reference agencies. We will keep information about you and your agreement on our database. We may pass information about you and your agreement to anyone we have appointed to help administer your agreement, to your credit provider for administration, claims handling and fraud prevention (which could include passing to other insurers) to insurance companies or to record amounts owing or to anyone to who we transfer the agreement.
We will retain details of your order for a minimum of 6 years to comply with HMRC requirements.
If at any point you wish to see a copy of the data we hold on you, details of how we use and store your data, or receive further details regarding your rights, you can request this from us via phone or e-mail.
While you do not have to give us permission to use your data, unfortunately we would be unable to fulfil your application or order without your permission and we would need to cancel your order.
All personal data transmitted by you (the ‘data subject’) to us is automatically stored. Such personal data is stored for processing or contacting you.
Information regarding your personal data that we hold
- You agree and consent that we may use and update this centrally held information:
- To provide you with services
- To update our records about you
- To contact you regarding information related to any existing contract you have with us.
- We may also use your information for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services
- At your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information that you are entitled to receive that we hold about you
- The information we hold about you is confidential. We will only disclose it outside of UK Carline Limited when:
- You have given us consent
- We need to obtain professional advice
- We or others need to investigate or prevent crime (e.g. fraud to prevention agencies)
- The law permits of requires it
- Any regulatory or governmental body requests or requires it, even without your consent
- There is a duty to the public to reveal the information
- As we are a credit broker, and not a lender, we will ask for your express consent to submit your data to a lender. The lender is one of our partner funders (the finance company who you will enter into agreement with should you proceed with an order) In certain circumstances we may submit your data to more than one lender as part of our application process.
- If any data we hold regarding you is incorrect, you may request a correction to your data at any time.
- You may also request that we cease processing your data at any time or to object to our continued use of your data. This does not affect any processing that has been carried out prior to your request being received.
- You also have the right to request that we transmit all or any data we hold regarding you to a third party in a commonly used electronic format.
- You also have the right to request that we delete any or all personal data UK Carline Ltd holds on you at any time. The only reason we would not carry out this request is if it would result in us being in breach of other legal or regulatory obligations we have, but we would always inform you at the time were this the case.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with our use of your data and wish to lodge a complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office as the supervisory authority within the UK. You can do so using their website at ico.org.uk by clicking the “Report a concern” link and then following the steps found on the page
- We will record any telephone conversations with you for training and monitoring purposes.
- The information collected by cookies enables us to understand the use of our site, including the number of visitors we have, the pages viewed per session, time exposed to particular pages etc. This in turn helps us to provide you with a better experience, since we can evaluate the level of interest in the content of our website and tailor it accordingly.
- We will not attempt to personally identify you from your IP address unless required to as a matter of law or regulation, or to protect our or our other customers’ rights. Most browsers automatically accept cookies.
- We may monitor, record, store, and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training and monitoring purposes so that we can check any instructions given to us and improve the quality of our customer service.
- We will monitor network traffic from time to time for the purposes of backup and problem solving and to ensure that you are not misusing any of the services provided to you.
Protecting your privacy
- To the extent that sensitive personal data is processed about you, we will employ appropriate security measures given the nature of that data. However, you recognise that your use of the Internet and our website is entirely at your own risk.
- We have tried to create a secure and reliable website for our users. However, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
- We may need to provide some of your personal information to third parties that we use for the purposes of delivering specific services to you (e.g. customer support, or a transport company if you have asked us to deliver a vehicle to you).
- Our website may provide links and banner advertisements to third party sites. Please note that we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties. Since we do not control those websites, you are responsible for reviewing and abiding by the data policies of these third party sites.
If you feel your privacy has been breached by us, then please write to:
UK Carline Limited
If you make an application or enter into a credit or hire agreement:
Credit reference agencies
- Should you wish to make an application, we will submit your details to one of our panel of finance companies who will make a search of your credit history at credit reference agencies. A record of this search will be added to your credit reference record and will remain on your record for one year. In certain circumstances we may submit your application to more than one finance company.
- Searches will also be made in respect of directors and partners of firms applying for credit. Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to other people with whom you have a financial association. In connection with your application you may be treated as financially linked with them and assessed with reference to any such associated records.
- If you are a joint applicant or if you have told us of some other financial association with another person, or a director of a firm which is applying for a facility you are declaring that you are entitled to:
- Disclose information about your joint applicant, fellow directors and anyone else referred by you
- Authorise us to search, link or record information at credit reference agencies about you and anyone else referred by you
- We will use a credit scoring system when assessing your application
- We will also add to your record with the credit reference agencies details of your agreement with us, the payments you make under it and any default or failure to keep to its terms and any change of address you fail to tell us about where a repayment is overdue.
- These records will be shared with other organisations and used by us and them to help make decisions about credit and credit related services such as insurance for you and members of your household; trace debtors, recover debt and to manage your accounts.
- For these purposes we or they may make further searches. Although the searches will be added to your record, they will not be shared with others.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and fraud is identified, details will be passed to the fraud prevention agencies.
- We and other organisations may also share, access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related to other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
- In addition, law enforcement agencies may access and use this information
- We and other organisations may access the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies from other countries
- For these purposes we or they may make further searches. Although these searches will be added to your record, they will not be shared with others.
- We and the credit reference agencies will also use the records for statistical analysis about credit
- If you withdraw your consent for us to process your application, we will cease the processing immediately
Please telephone us on 01995 641111 if you want to have details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and to whom we pas information about you. You have the legal right to these details.
Sharing your information with others
- We will keep information about you and about your agreement on our database. We may pass information about you and your agreement to anyone we have appointed to help administer your agreement, to your credit insurer for administration, claims handling and fraud prevention (which could include passing it to other insurers), to insurance companies or to recover amounts owing or to anyone to whom we transfer the agreement.
Using your information for marketing purposes
- We may only use your information for direct marketing purposes if you have expressly agreed to this. This includes telling you about products and services available from us that may be of interest to you and letting you know about products and services which we can introduce from selected businesses. We may also pass your information to agencies conducting market research for us and to selected insurers who may use it for marketing purposes.
- To help make our emails more interesting and relevant, we often receive a confirmation when you open an email from UK Carline Limited if your computer supports such capabilities.
- You have a right at any time to ask us not to contact you or give your details to others for these purposes or not to telephone you for sales purposes. You may email email@example.com if you wish us to stop.
Please note that this policy will be reviewed, and may change, from time to time. The revised policy will be posted to this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it.